- The Committee’s next meeting will be held on 6 July 2020 (virtual meeting). Decisions on future Committee meetings and business will be taken in due course. Information will be provided via the Committee’s webpages. This factsheet (PDF 72KB) contains information on how Senedd Committee business has been affected by Covid-19.
- On 13 July 2020, the Committee will hold an evidence session with Sir Wyn Williams, the President of Welsh Tribunals, as part of its inquiry into Making Justice work in Wales.
- The Committee has recently published reports on Welsh Government legislative consent memoranda for the Finance Bill, Fire Safety Bill and Non-Domestic Rating (Public Lavatories) Bill.
- The Committee’s consultation on Making Justice work in Wales has now closed. Responses to the consultation have been published.
- On 8 June 2020, the Committee heard from the Minister for Health and Social Services on the Welsh Government’s approach to making coronavirus-related regulations.
- On 9 April 2020, the Committee wrote (PDF 304KB) to the Minister for Environment, Energy and Rural Affairs and the Deputy Minister for Housing and Local Government on the Legislative Consent Memorandum (LCM) for the Environment Bill. The Minister’s response (Revised) (PDF 597KB) of 14 May has been formally considered by the Committee, which will report in due course.
- The Committee held an evidence session with the Counsel General on its inquiry into Wales’ changing constitution on 15 June 2020.
- The Committee wrote (PDF 227KB) a letter jointly with the External Affairs and Additional Legislation Committee to the Minister for International Relations and the Welsh Language on the Legislative Consent Memorandum for the Trade Bill. The Minister’s response (PDF 419KB) of 29 May has been formally considered by the Committee, which will report in due course.
- The Committee has published its report (PDF 2MB) on the Welsh Government’s Legislative Consent Memorandum on the Fisheries Bill.
- The Committee has published its report (PDF 2MB) on the Welsh Government’s Legislative Consent Memorandum on the Agriculture Bill.
Follow us on Twitter: @SeneddLJC
The committee was established on 15 June 2016 to carry out the functions of the responsible committee set out in Standing Order 21 (excluding Standing Orders 21.8 to 21.11*) and to consider any other matter relating to legislation, justice and the constitution** within or relating to the competence of the Senedd or the Welsh Ministers, including the quality of legislation.
The name of the Constitutional and Legislative Affairs Committee was changed to the Legislation, Justice and Constitution Committee on 29 January 2020 following a motion agreed in the Senedd. See also the report of the Business Committee, amending the title of the Constitutional and Legislative Affairs Committee, January 2020.
Any reference on the Senedd’s webpages, Senedd TV or in meeting transcripts to the Legislation, Justice and Constitution Committee before 29 January 2020 should be read as a reference to the Constitutional and Legislative Affairs Committee.
^The Committee’s remit was amended following resolutions in Plenary on 14 September 2016* and 29 January 2020**.
Legislative Consent Memorandums
Senedd Bills currently under scrutiny
Other work streams
Work completed by the Committee