· Following a temporary suspension due to the public health situation, the Committee resumed meeting on 30 April 2020 with a session examining the effects of COVID-19 on the economy in Wales. On 11 May 2020 the Committee held a scrutiny session with the Minister for Economy, Transport and North Wales.
The Committee’s next meeting is scheduled for Monday 1 June. For the foreseeable future the Committee’s work will focus on the impact of Covid-19 on matters within the Committee’s remit.
As time progresses, the Committee will review its non Covid-19 related work, all of which has been paused for the time being. In addition, the Committee awaits further details of timescales for the Welsh Government’s legislative priorities.
Decisions on future Committee meetings and business will be taken in due course and further details will be provided via the Committee’s webpage and Twitter feed
· For information on recent and forthcoming Committee work, our Spring Bulletin (209KB) is now available (11/05/20)
· The responses to the consultation on Valleys Taskforce have now been published (26/04/20)
· New report (PDF 1MB) – The Committee has published its report on Procurement in the Foundational Economy (06/02/20)
· The Welsh Government’s draft budget 2020-21 report (PDF 184KB) is now available on our web site. (29/01/20)
Follow us on Twitter: @SeneddEIS
The Committee was established on 28 June 2016 to examine legislation and hold the Welsh Government to account by scrutinising expenditure, administration and policy matters, encompassing (but not restricted to): economic development; transport; infrastructure; employment; skills; and research and development, including technology and science.
Forward work programme
· Impacts of Covid-19: Open Call for evidence and experiences
· Valleys Taskforce
· Degree Apprenticeships
· Public procurement in the foundational economy
· Decarbonisation of transport
· Barriers facing small home building firms
Work Completed by the Economy, Infrastructure and Skills Committee