Equality, Local Government and Communities Committee
- On 14 July 2020 the Business Committee published a revised timetable for scrutiny of the Renting Homes (Amendment) (Wales) Bill. The new deadline for the Committee to report on its scrutiny of the Bill is 2 October 2020. The Committee held its final evidence session on 20 July, which can be viewed on SeneddTV.
- The Committee meetings from 14 July and 16 July can be viewed on Senedd.tv. The Committee will next meet on Monday 14 September.
- On 29 April 2020, the Committee launched a consultation on the impact of COVID-19.
- On 8 April 2020, a factsheet was published that contains information on how committee business has been affected by COVID-19.
- The Committee published its report (PDF, 2MB) on the Local Government and Elections (Wales) Bill on Friday 13 March 2020. The Welsh Government responded to the report (PDF, 416KB) on 23 March 2020. A debate on the report will be held in Plenary on Tuesday 24 March 2020.
Follow us on Twitter: @SeneddELGC
The Committee was established on 28 June 2016 to examine legislation and hold the Welsh Government to account by scrutinising expenditure, administration and policy matters encompassing (but not restricted to): local government; housing, community regeneration, cohesion and safety; tackling poverty; equality of opportunity and human rights. On 13 November 2019, the Committee’s remit was amended to include the ability to: exercise the non-budgetary functions set out in Standing Order 18A.2 in relation to accountability and governance of the Public Services Ombudsman for Wales.
Forward Work programme
- The Forward Work Programme of the Equality, Local Government and Communities Committee sets out the work that the Committee intends to carry out over the course of the following term.
Work completed by the Equality, Local Government and Communities Committee
Clerk: Naomi Stocks.
Phone: 0300 200 6565