- The Committee will next meet on 25 November 2020.
- The Committee published its report on the Legislative Consent Memorandum for the Medicines and Medical Devices Bill on 22 October 2020.
- The Committee has considered its forward work programme up to the Christmas recess. It has agreed to continue to focus its work on the ongoing inquiry into the impact of the Covid-19 outbreak, and its management, on health and social care in Wales. Work on other inquiries remains paused until the New Year – 15 October 2020
- The consultation on the Legislative Consent Memorandum for the Medicines and Medical Devices Bill has now closed. Thank you to those who have responded. Written submissions can be viewed here.
- The Committee published its report 'Inquiry into the impact of the Covid-19 outbreak, and its management, on health and social care in Wales: Report 1' on 08 July 2020. This is the first in a series of reports on this issue. The Welsh Government published its response to the report on 8 September and a plenary debate was held on 30 September.
- The Committee will continue its work in this area over the coming months and continues to welcome views from anyone with an interest in this inquiry. All responses received will be considered by the Committee and will help inform our ongoing work.
- Future reports will consider issues including easing restrictions; exit strategy; returning to ‘normal services’ in the NHS and care sector; the future demand for rehabilitation; mental health services; impacts on unpaid carers; and data and the use of technology.
For the foreseeable future, the Committee’s programme will focus on its inquiry into the impact of the Covid-19 outbreak, and its management, on health and social care in Wales. The Committee has issued an open call for views as part of this inquiry. There is no need for a lengthy response, and no fixed deadline to submit – we ask that you share what you can, when you are able to.
Running alongside this will be a rolling programme of virtual oral evidence sessions. All meetings can be viewed, live, on Senedd.tv. A final agenda for each meeting will be published on our website every Friday.
Follow us on Twitter: @SeneddHealth
The Committee was established on 28 June 2016 to examine legislation and hold the Welsh Government to account by scrutinising expenditure, administration and policy matters, encompassing (but not restricted to): the physical, mental and public health and well-being of the people of Wales, including the social care system.
Legislation currently under scrutiny
Strategic objectives, Committee priorities and forward work programme
Work Completed by the Health, Social Care and Sport Committee