- The Committee last met on 24 September. The meeting can be seen on Senedd.tv.
- On 18 August, the Committee launched a survey on Exiting the European Union: Preparedness in Wales for the end of the transition period.
- On 30 July, the Chair wrote (PDF,255KB) to the Right Honourable Alok Sharma MP, Secretary of State for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy, and the Right Honourable Simon Hart MP, Secretary of State for Wales regarding the launch of the UK internal market White Paper and consultation.
- On 1 July, the Committee launched a consultation on Preparedness in Wales for the end of the transition period.
- On 12 June, we published a blog by our Chair on the COVID-19 pandemic and EU transition.
Latest Updates about leaving the European Union (Brexit)
EU Withdrawal: the Withdrawal Agreement, transition period, and future relationship negotiations
Scrutiny of internationally-focussed work
Scrutiny of UK-focussed work
Work completed by the External Affairs and Additional Legislation Committee
Forward work programme
Follow us on Twitter: @SeneddEAAL
The Committee was established on 28 June 2016. On 15 September 2016 its remit was agreed as:
(a) to examine the implications for Wales of the United Kingdom's withdrawal from the European Union and to ensure Welsh interests are safeguarded during the withdrawal process, in any new relationship with the European Union and in the intra-UK post-withdrawal arrangements for relevant policy, finance and legislation;
(b) to coordinate activity across Senedd committees in relation to point (a) above.
(c) to carry out the functions of the responsible committee under Standing Orders 21.8 to 21.11, with a consequential change to the remit of the Constitutional and Legislative Affairs Committee;
(d) to consider any other matter, including legislation, referred to it by the Business Committee.