The COVID-19 pandemic has changed the way we all live and work. It has affected people from all backgrounds, in communities all across Wales.
This year's GWLAD events programme will provide a platform for a diverse mix of people: young people, business owners, politicians, entertainers, activists, and key workers. They'll discuss experiences, and share thoughts and ideas on ways to build a resilient, equal Wales for the future.
Our events will cover a range of topics including the environment, youth homelessness, rural communities, business and the arts. The events:
• What Future for rural Wales - 9 Nov
• Democracy and the Arts: A Stage for Change - 12 Nov
• Creative Cymru: Supporting, Adapting and Innovating - 16 Nov
• Business as Usual? Rethinking Work in Wales - 20 Nov
• Generation COVID: How are young people preparing for the future? - 20 Nov
• Everyday Heroes: Key Workers' Pandemic Perspectives - 23 Nov
• For the Love of the Game: The Future of Grassroots and Elite Sports in Wales - 26 Nov
• A Time for Action: The Race to Combat Climate Change (TBC)
• An End to Youth Homelessness (TBC)
You can get involved by sending us your questions for these events, watching our events live, and join the conversation on social media using #GWLAD. For further information about GWLAD events, email
As part of GWLAD’s programme of events, Members of the Senedd were invited to nominate up to three champions from their constituencies or regions to feature in an online gallery showcasing community champions from across Wales.
Learn more about the gallery here or view the portraits on the Visit the Senedd social media accounts, Senedd Instagram, Senedd Facebook, Pierhead Twitter in November – December 2020.
Programme of Events