Administrator for Rhys Ab Owen MS
Salary Range: £20,607 - £27,790 pro-rata
All new staff are expected to enter on the scale minimum of the appropriate pay band. Individual staff will, subject to satisfactory performance, move up the incremental scale one point at a time on the anniversary of their commencement of employment until they reach the scale maximum for their band.
Working Hours: 37
Temporary post - Until 31 March 2022.
Location: Ty Hywel and Regional Office
Job Reference: MBS-122-21
To provide the Member of the Senedd with a secretarial service/administrative support ensuring that standards of confidentiality are maintained.
Maintain a filing system, associating previous papers with current correspondence, and extracting documents on request
2. Answer telephone, take messages and deal with enquiries and requests as appropriate
3. Sort incoming post into priority order and prepare draft replies to routine correspondence
4. Investigate issues raised in constituency correspondence and follow up in such cases, ensuring their timely resolution
5. Make travel arrangements and organise surgeries
• NVQ Qualification level 3 or equivalent in Office Administration, Customer Service or a relevant subject or;
• Demonstrable numeracy and literacy skills e.g. English and Maths GCSE (or equivalent) at Grade C or above.
Essential Knowledge and Experience:
• Some experience of administrative work and knowledge of office systems e.g. Manual and computerised
• Understanding of, and commitment to, combating discrimination and promoting the equality of opportunities and the Nolan Principles of Public Life
• Knowledge and understanding of issues relevant to the local area
You are advised to read the full Job and Person Specification before applying for this post
For more information and to apply, please submit an application form to Mike.Deem@senedd.wales
Closing date: 13 January 2022
Interview date: 17 January 2022.