Caseworker/Administrator for Jack Sargeant MS
Salary range: £21,862 - £29,483 pro-rata
All new staff are expected to enter on the scale minimum of the appropriate pay band. Individual staff will, subject to satisfactory performance, move up the incremental scale one point at a time on the anniversary of their commencement of employment until they reach the scale maximum for their band.
Working hours: 25.9 hours (3.5days)
Location: Alyn and Deeside
Appointment Type: Permanent
Purpose of Job:
To provide the Member of the Senedd with administrative and constituency support ensuring that standards of confidentiality are maintained.
- Answer telephone, take messages and deal with enquiries and requests from constituents.
- Ensure all cases are logged; monitor progress and ensure all identified actions are taken.
- Ensure records are kept and information managed confidentially in line with the Data Protection Act.
- Sort incoming communication into priority order and prepare draft replies to routine correspondence.
Essential Knowledge and Experience
- Experience of administrative work and knowledge of office systems
- Knowledge and understanding of issues relevant to the local area
- Experience of using IT packages eg Microsoft packages such as Word, Outlook and Excel.
Essential Skills and Behaviours
- Effective interpersonal skills and the ability to deal with a range of people, some of whom are often calling at a difficult time in their lives
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to demonstrate sensitivity and ensure that the highest standards of confidentiality are upheld
You are advised to read the full Job and Person Specification before applying for this post
- Application form
- Job and Person Specification
- Important information
- Benefits of working for a Member
Closing date: 12:00 (midday), 13 December 2024
Interview date: To be confirmed