Caseworker for Laura Anne Jones MS
Salary range: £21,862 - £29,483 pro-rata
All new staff are expected to enter on the scale minimum of the appropriate pay band. Individual staff will, subject to satisfactory performance, move up the incremental scale one point at a time on the anniversary of their commencement of employment until they reach the scale maximum for their band.
Working hours: 14.8 hours.
Location: Regional office, Newport.
Purpose of Job
To provide the Member of the Senedd with administrative, constituency and publicity support ensuring that standards of confidentiality are maintained
- Assist in responding to enquiries from constituents, other politicians and the media
- Assist in ensuring all cases are logged; monitor progress and ensure all identified actions are taken
- Assist in ensuring records are kept and information managed confidentially in line with the Data Protection Act
- Answer telephone, take messages and deal with enquiries and requests as appropriate
Essential Knowledge and Experience
- Some experience of administrative work and knowledge of office systems
- Knowledge and understanding of issues relevant to the local area
- Some experience of using IT packages eg Microsoft packages such as Word, Outlook and Excel.
- NVQ Qualification level 3 or 4 or equivalent in a relevant subject or;
- Demonstrable numeracy and literacy skills e.g. English and Maths GCSE (or equivalent) at Grade C or above
You are advised to read the full Job and Person Specification before applying for this post
For enquiries, and to apply, please submit an application form (CV’s optional) to Edward.Sumner@senedd.wales
- Application form
- Job and Person Specification
- Important information
- Benefits of working for a Member
Closing date: 12:00, 22 September 2023
Interview date: to be confirmed