Caseworker for Mabon ap Gwynfor MS
Salary range: £21,225 - £28,624 pro-rata
All new staff are expected to enter on the scale minimum of the appropriate pay band. Individual staff will, subject to satisfactory performance, move up the incremental scale one point at a time on the anniversary of their commencement of employment until they reach the scale maximum for their band.
Working hours: 37 hours per week
Location: Constituency Office / Home
Appointment Type: Permanent.
Purpose of Job:
To provide the Member of the Senedd with administrative and constituency support, ensuring that standards of confidentiality are maintained.
1. Respond to queries from constituents, other politicians, the media, lobbyists and pressure groups.
2. Develop and maintain a casework system, ensuring that all cases are logged; monitor progress and ensure that all identified actions are taken.
3. Ensure that records are kept and that information is managed confidentially in line with the Data Protection Act.
4. Research local, regional, national and international issues, as required, and ensure that the politician is aware of any relevant issues.
Essential Knowledge and Experience
• Some experience of administrative work and knowledge of office systems
• Some experience of using IT packages, e.g. Microsoft packages such as Word, Outlook and Excel
• Knowledge and understanding of issues relevant to the local area
• Understanding of, and commitment to, combating discrimination and promoting the equality of opportunities and the Nolan Principles of Public Life
• NVQ Qualification level 3 or 4 or equivalent in a relevant subject; or
• Demonstrable numeracy and literacy skills, e.g. English and Maths GCSE (or equivalent) at Grade C or above.
You are advised to read the full Job and Person Specification before applying for this post
For more information and to apply, please submit an application form to Llio.Hughes@senedd.wales
- Job and Person specification
- Application form
- Benefits of working for a Member
- Important information
Closing date: 7 July 2022
Interview date: To be confirmed