Caseworker for Rhys Ab Owen MS
Salary range: £20,607 - £27,790 pro rata
(All new staff are expected to enter on the scale minimum of the appropriate pay band. Individual staff will, subject to satisfactory performance, move up the incremental scale one point at a time on the anniversary of their commencement of employment until they reach the scale maximum for their band.)
Working hours: 37
Temporary - Until 31 March 2022.
Location: Regional office / Ty Hywel
Purpose of Job:
To provide the Member of the Senedd with administrative, constituency and publicity support ensuring that standards of confidentiality are maintained.
1. Respond to enquiries from constituents, other politicians and the media
2. Ensure all cases are logged; monitor progress and ensure all identified actions are taken
3. Ensure records are kept and information managed confidentially in line with the Data Protection Act
4. Answer telephone, take messages and deal with enquiries and requests as appropriate
5. Sort incoming post into priority order and prepare draft replies to routine correspondence
Essential Knowledge and Experience
• Some experience of administrative work and knowledge of office systems
• Knowledge and understanding of issues relevant to the local area
• Some experience of using IT packages eg Microsoft packages such as Word, Outlook and Excel.
• Understanding of, and commitment to, combating discrimination and promoting the equality of opportunities and the Nolan Principles of Public Life
• NVQ Qualification level 3 or 4 or equivalent in a relevant subject or;
• Demonstrable numeracy and literacy skills e.g. English and Maths GCSE (or equivalent) at Grade C or above
You are advised to read the full Job and Person Specification before applying for this post
For more information and to apply, please submit an application form (CV’s optional) to Mike.Deem@senedd.wales
Closing date: 13 January 2022
Interview date: 17 January 2022.