Communications and Campaigns Assistant for Hannah Blythyn MS
Salary range: £21,862 - £29,483 pro-rata
All new staff are expected to enter on the scale minimum of the appropriate pay band. Individual staff will, subject to satisfactory performance, move up the incremental scale one point at a time on the anniversary of their commencement of employment until they reach the scale maximum for their band.
Working hours: 30
Location: Home working and Ty Hywel (expected to attend Ty Hywel on plenary days)
Appointment Type: Permanent
Purpose of Job:
To assist in providing the Member of the Senedd in a range of communications, campaigns and research and have the ability to present high quality communications, campaigns and research advice ensuring that standards of confidentiality are maintained.
- Carry out research into local, regional, national and international issues as required, and ensuring the Member of the Senedd is made aware of any relevant matters.
- Prepare press releases, columns, electronic updates, social media posts, surveys, briefing notes and any other documents required by the Member.
- Draft briefings and information to assist the Member of the Senedd in dealing with constituency casework or helping to inform wider work.
- Identify forthcoming events which may provide potential media opportunities
Essential Knowledge and Experience:
- Some experience of working effectively within the written communications, online industry, preferably within a political or similar environment;
- Some experience of developing and implementing communications strategies and organising campaigns
- The ability to write copy for a range of audiences and purposes and to produce briefings/press notices using a variety of IT packages including Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and CANVA
- Demonstrative experience of working towards Degree level qualifications relevant to the role or;
- Formal Qualification eg NVQ level 4 or equivalent in media or communications
You are advised to read the full Job and Person Specification before applying for this post
For more information and to apply, please submit an application form to Hannah.Blythyn@senedd.wales
- Application form
- Job and Person Specification
- Important information
- Benefits of working for a Member
Closing date: 12:00, 07 July 2023
Interview date: to be confirmed