Communications and Constituency Liaison officer for Lee Waters MS
Salary range: £22,757 - £33,356
(All new staff are expected to enter on the scale minimum of the appropriate pay band. Individual staff will, subject to satisfactory performance, move up the incremental scale one point at a time on the anniversary of their commencement of employment until they reach the scale maximum for their band.)
Working hours: 37 hours: Full time Permanent
Location: Flexible working offered with at least one day per week in the constituency office
Purpose of Job
To lead on promoting the work of the Senedd Member for the Llanelli constituency in the community through direct outreach and through the media.
- To monitor and engage with issues of concern across the constituency
- To work with the Senedd member on campaigns and to undertake these campaign actions – letters, meetings, petitions, pop-ups - including engaging with the media about events and to write pre and post-event press releases.
- To identify opportunities for visits to community groups or organisations events; and to work with communities and community organisations.
- To attend community meetings as a representative of the Member and to relay relevant meeting information to the Member or office manager
Essential Knowledge and Experience
- Knowledge and understanding of the political and media environment in Wales
- Understanding of how local decisions are made and influenced
- Understanding of the need to reflect the views of the MS in a manner which reflects equal opportunity and is not inflammatory, insensitive, libelous, slanderous or defamatory
- Understanding of, and commitment to, combating discrimination and promoting the equality of opportunities and the Nolan Principles of Public Life
- Relevant work experience or qualifications
- Degree or equivalent in a relevant subject or;
- Formal Qualification eg NVQ level 3 or 4 or equivalent in media or communications.
Essential Skills and Behaviours
- Effective interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with members of the community and the media
- Ability to understand and effectively communicate the work and policies of the Member of the Senedd
- Excellent written skills and the ability to generate ideas for engaging written and online content which reflect the work of the MS
You are advised to read the full Job and Person Specification before applying for this post
For more information and to apply, please submit an application form to Amanda.Murphy@senedd.wales
Closing date: 17:00, 21 June 2021
Interview date: 2nd July 2021