Communications Officer for Andrew RT Davies MS, Leader of the Welsh Conservative Senedd Group
Salary range: £23,440 - £34,357
All new staff are expected to enter on the scale minimum of the appropriate pay band. Individual staff will, subject to satisfactory performance, move up the incremental scale one point at a time on the anniversary of their commencement of employment until they reach the scale maximum for their band.
Working hours: 37
Location: Senedd, Cardiff Bay
Appointment type: Permanent
Purpose of Job
To undertake press and media related work as required for the Member of the Senedd and the Welsh Conservative Group ensuring that standards of confidentiality are maintained.
1. Establish a broad range of contacts within the press, broadcast and online media in order to promote the work of the Member of the Senedd and the Welsh Conservative Group
2. Research, prepare and write press releases, statements to the media
3. Liaise with the Member of the Senedd / Office Manager and identify any aspects of their work which may be of interest to the media
4. Identify forthcoming events which may provide potential media opportunities
Essential Knowledge and Experience
• Experience of working effectively within the written press, broadcast or online industry, or public relations sector
• Knowledge and understanding of media handling techniques including designing a communications plan
• Understanding of the need to reflect the views of the MS in a manner which reflects equal opportunity and is not inflammatory, insensitive, libelous, slanderous or defamatory
• Understanding of, and commitment to, combating discrimination and promoting the equality of opportunities and the Nolan Principles of Public Life
- Degree or equivalent in a relevant subject or;
- Formal Qualification eg NVQ level 3 or 4 or equivalent in media or communications.
You are advised to read the full Job and Person Specification before applying for this post
For more information and to apply, please submit an application form to Paul.Smith@Senedd.wales
Please note that two posts are currently advertised in the office, you can find details of the other post here. Only one of these posts will be filled.
Closing date: 00.00 5 February 2023.
Interview date: To be confirmed