Communications Officer for Rhys Ab Owen MS
Salary range: £22,757 - £33,356
(All new staff are expected to enter on the scale minimum of the appropriate pay band. Individual staff will, subject to satisfactory performance, move up the incremental scale one point at a time on the anniversary of their commencement of employment until they reach the scale maximum for their band.)
Working hours: 37
Location: Tŷ Hywel, Cardiff Bay / Regional Office
Temporary - Until 31 March 2022
Purpose of Job
To undertake research/press and media related work as required for the Member of the Senedd ensuring that standards of confidentiality are maintained.
1. Develop an online platform to effectively communicate and promote the work of the Member of the Senedd
2. Research, prepare and write press releases, statements to the media
3. Liaise with the Member of the Senedd / Office Manager and identify any aspects of their work which may be of interest to the media
4. Identify forthcoming events which may provide potential media opportunities
5. Ensure the smooth running of the press office systems and establish an effective media monitoring system, covering print, broadcast and online media
Essential Knowledge and Experience
• Basic web design experience and use of HTML
• Experience of working effectively within the written press, broadcast or online industry, or public relations sector
• Knowledge and understanding of media handling techniques including designing a communications plan
• Understanding of the need to reflect the views of the MS in a manner which reflects equal opportunity and is not inflammatory, insensitive, libelous, slanderous or defamatory
• Understanding of, and commitment to, combating discrimination and promoting the equality of opportunities and the Nolan Principles of Public Life
Essential Qualifications• Degree or equivalent in a relevant subject or;
• Formal Qualification eg NVQ level 3 or 4 or equivalent in media or communications.
You are advised to read the full Job and Person Specification before applying for this post
For further details and to apply, please contact Mike.Deem@senedd.wales
Closing date: 13 January 2022.
Interview date: 17 January 2022.