Community Caseworker for Samuel Kurtz MS
Salary range: £22,757 - £33,356 pro rata
All new staff are expected to enter on the scale minimum of the appropriate pay band. Individual staff will, subject to satisfactory performance, move up the incremental scale one point at a time on the anniversary of their commencement of employment until they reach the scale maximum for their band.
Working hours: 25 hours per week
Location: Home and Regional office
Appointment Type: Permanent
Purpose of Job:
To provide the Member of the Senedd with administrative, constituency, parliamentary and publicity support ensuring that standards of confidentiality are maintained.
- Respond to enquiries from constituents, other politicians, the media, lobbyists and pressure groups
- Develop and maintain casework system ensuring all cases are logged; monitor progress and ensure all identified actions are taken
- Ensure records are kept and information managed confidentially in line with the Data Protection Act
- Carry out research into local, regional, national and international issues as required, and ensure the politician is made aware of any relevant matters
Essential Knowledge and Experience:
- Some experience of administrative work and knowledge of office systems
- Experience of a comparable role dealing with complex correspondence, diaries and events and running a busy office
- Knowledge and understanding of issues relevant to the local area
- Understanding of, and commitment to, combating discrimination and promoting the equality of opportunities and the Nolan Principles of Public Life
- Degree or equivalent in a relevant subject or;
- NVQ Qualification level 3 or 4 or equivalent in a relevant subject or;
- Demonstrable numeracy and literacy skills e.g. English and Maths GCSE (or equivalent) at Grade C or above.
You are advised to read the full Job and Person Specification before applying for this post
For more information and to apply, please submit an application form to Samuel.Kurtz@Senedd.Wales.
- Job and Person Specification
- Application form
- Important information
- Benefits of working for a Member
Closing date: 26 November 2021
Interview date: To be confirmed