Community Engagement Officer for Samuel Kurtz MS
Salary range: £23,440 - £34,357 pro rata
All new staff are expected to enter on the scale minimum of the appropriate pay band. Individual staff will, subject to satisfactory performance, move up the incremental scale one point at a time on the anniversary of their commencement of employment until they reach the scale maximum for their band.
Working hours: 29.6 hours per week (4 days)
Location: Constituency office
Appointment type: Fixed term for up to 12 months
Purpose of Job
To support the Member of the Senedd to engage effectively with organisations and communities across the constituency whilst working with colleagues to resolve casework in a timely manner.
- Liaise with members of government and local government, party head quarters, other politicians and their staff, embassies, commissioners, relevant interest groups, the media, relevant voluntary sector organisations and constituents
- Ensure that the Member of the Senedd receives regular invitations to meet and chat with members of groups / organisations, and ensure that visits are recorded on a database
- Prepare and organise local campaigns to promote the work of the Member.
- Maintain an appointments diary for the Member
Essential Knowledge and Experience
- Some experience of administrative work and knowledge of office systems
- Knowledge and understanding of issues relevant to the local area
- Effective IT Skills particularly using Microsoft packages such as Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Understanding of, and commitment to, combating discrimination and promoting the equality of opportunities and the Nolan Principles of Public Life
- Degree or equivalent in a relevant subject or;
- NVQ Qualification level 3 or 4 or equivalent in a relevant subject or;
- Demonstrable numeracy and literacy skills e.g. English and Maths GCSE (or equivalent) at Grade C or above or;
You are advised to read the full Job and Person Specification before applying for this post
For more information and to apply, please submit an application form to Samuel.Kurtz@senedd.wales
- Application form
- Job and person specification
- Important information
- Benefits of working for a Member
Closing date: 30 June 2022
Interview date: Week commencing 4th July 2022