Community Organiser and Media Officer for Vaughan Gething MS
Salary range: £26,650- 37,612
(All new staff are expected to enter on the scale minimum of the appropriate pay band. Individual staff will, subject to satisfactory performance, move up the incremental scale one point at a time on the anniversary of their commencement of employment until they reach the scale maximum for their band.)
Working hours: 37
Location: Cardiff Bay & Constituency Office
Appointment type: Permanent
Purpose of Job
To proactively create and manage community relationships within the constituency together with press and media related work as required for the Member of the Senedd ensuring that standards of confidentiality are maintained.
- Establish and develop relationships with stakeholders across the constituency including Cllrs, community groups, businesses, public sector organisations and the third sector.
- Ensure that systems of community contact and engagement are organised on a regular basis.
- Represent the Member in community interaction.
- Establish and develop robust relations within the press, broadcast and online media in order to promote the work of Member of the Senedd.
Essential Knowledge and Experience
- Experience of effective community organising and proactively community managing relationships
- Substantial experience of working effectively within the written press, broadcast or online industry, or public relations sector ideally within a political or similar environment
- Degree or equivalent in a relevant subject or;
- Formal Qualification eg NVQ level 3 or 4 or equivalent in media or communications.
Essential Skills and Behaviours
- Evidence of co-ordinating work of team to ensure that work is produced to tight deadlines;
- Effective interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships across professional boundaries with members of the press and media;
- Excellent communication skills – with the ability to write and speak clearly & concisely and produce briefings/press notices using a variety of IT packages including Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel
- An understanding of current affairs and issues of relevance within the constituency
You are advised to read the full Job and Person Specification before applying for this post
For more information and to apply, please submit an application form to Vaughan.email@example.com
Closing date: 11:00, 27 August 2021
Interview date: To be confirmed