Constituency Officer for Rhun ap Iorwerth MS
Salary range: £21,225 - £28,624
All new staff are expected to enter on the scale minimum of the appropriate pay band. Individual staff will, subject to satisfactory performance, move up the incremental scale one point at a time on the anniversary of their commencement of employment until they reach the scale maximum for their band.
Working hours: 4 days a week
Location: Constituency Office in Llangefni with the flexibility to work from home occasionally
Fixed Term for up to 1 year
Purpose of Job:
To provide support services to the office of the Member of the Senedd, ensuring that standards of confidentiality are maintained.
- Maintain a filing system, associating previous papers with current correspondence, and extracting documents on request
- Answer telephone, take messages and deal with enquiries and requests as appropriate.
- Sort incoming post into priority order and prepare draft replies to routine correspondence
- Investigate issues raised in constituency correspondence and follow up in such cases, ensuring their timely resolution
Essential Knowledge and Experience:
- Some experience of administrative work and knowledge of office systems e.g. Manual and computerised
- Understanding of, and commitment to, combating discrimination and promoting the equality of opportunities and the Nolan Principles of Public Life
- The ability to work in both Welsh and English
- Demonstrable numeracy and literacy skills e.g. Welsh / English and Maths GCSE (or equivalent) at Grade C or above.
- Effective organisation and planning skills
- Ability to work on own initiative to tight deadlines, with the ability to work flexibly and juggle a range of tasks