Engagement and Communications Assistant for Dawn Bowden MS
Salary range: £20,607 - £27,790 pro rata
Working hours: 16 hours
Appointment Type: Temporary for 6 months
Purpose of Job:
To assist with the delivery of a communications and engagement strategy as required for the Member of the Senedd ensuring that standards of confidentiality are maintained.
- Assist in the development of a broad range of contacts within the community and media in order to promote the work of the Member of the Senedd
- Prepare press releases and develop social media content
- Liaise with Office Manager and Senior Advisor to identify any aspects of work which may be of interest to the media and the community.
Essential Knowledge and Experience:
- Experience of a communications and engagement role, or public relations sector
- Knowledge and understanding of multimedia platforms including developing and maintaining a communications plan
- Degree or equivalent in a relevant subject or;
- Formal Qualification eg NVQ level 3 or 4 or equivalent in media or communications.
Essential Skills and Behaviours:
- Evidence of working as part of a team
- Effective interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships across professional boundaries with the community
You are advised to read the full Job and Person Specification before applying for this post
For more information and to apply, please submit an application form to Matthew.Dorrance@senedd.wales
Closing date: 12:00 (midday), 06 August 2021
Interview date: To be confirmed