Head of Office for Buffy Williams MS
Salary Range £26,650 - £37,612
All new staff are expected to enter on the scale minimum of the appropriate pay band. Individual staff will, subject to satisfactory performance, move up the incremental scale one point at a time on the anniversary of their commencement of employment until they reach the scale maximum for their band.
Working Hours: 37
Location: Constituency Office (Rhondda)/Senedd
Job Reference: MBS-019-21
Job Purpose: To manage and co-ordinate all support services, including communications, administration and casework for the Member of the Senedd. Key tasks will include leading and motivating the staff team and managing budgets and office systems.
1. Manage other team members reporting to the Member of the Senedd, including the recruitment and supervision of staff, performance management, and other personnel related issues as required.
2. Manage office systems, oversee office activities, organisation of workload, working closely with other staff members to provide a cohesive team approach
3. Provide a comprehensive secretarial, casework, research and administrative support service, as required.
4. Assist in the preparation of speeches and propose oral and/or written questions to Ministers and other senior politicians.
• Degree level or equivalent in a relevant subject or;
• NVQ Qualification level 3 or 4 or equivalent in Office Administration, Customer Service or a relevant subject.
Essential Knowledge and Experience:
1. Experience of working effectively within an office environment, including resolving complex issues with tact and diplomacy, ideally in a political environment
2. Experience of a comparable role dealing with complex correspondence, diaries and events and running a busy office
3. Knowledge and understanding of issues relevant to the local area
4. Understanding of, and commitment to, combating discrimination and promoting the equality of opportunities and the Nolan Principles of Public Life
You are advised to read the full Job and Person Specification before applying for this post
For more information and to apply, please submit an application form to Buffy.Williams@senedd.wales
Closing date: 15 June 2021
Interview date: tbc