Office Manager for Elizabeth 'Buffy' Williams MS
Salary range: £26,650 - £37,612 pro rata
All new staff are expected to enter on the scale minimum of the appropriate pay band. Individual staff will, subject to satisfactory performance, move up the incremental scale one point at a time on the anniversary of their commencement of employment until they reach the scale maximum for their band.
Working hours: 37 hours per week
Location: Constituency Office/ Senedd, Tŷ Hywel
Appointment Type: Permanent
Purpose of Job:
To manage and co-ordinate all support services, including research, administration and casework for the Member of the Senedd. Key tasks will include leading and motivating the staff team and managing budgets and office systems
- Manage other team members reporting to the Member of the Senedd, including the recruitment and supervision of staff, performance management and other personnel related issues as required.
- Manage office systems, oversee office activities, organisation of workload, working closely with other staff members to provide a cohesive team approach
- Provide a comprehensive secretarial, casework, research and administrative support service, as required
- Assist in the preparation of speeches and propose oral and/or written questions to Ministers and other senior politicians.
Essential Knowledge and Experience
- Experience of working effectively within an office environment, including resolving complex issues with tact and diplomacy, ideally in a political environment.
- Experience of a comparable role dealing with complex correspondence, diaries and events and running a busy office
- Knowledge and understanding of issues relevant to the local area
- Degree level or equivalent in a relevant subject or;
- NVQ Qualification level 3 or 4 or equivalent in Office Administration, Customer Service or a relevant subject
Essential Skills and Behaviours
- Evidence of leading and motivating a team of staff to ensure that policies, programmes and strategies are implemented
- Ability to investigate, analyse and recommend solutions to complex problems and issues
You are advised to read the full Job and Person Specification before applying for this post
For more information and to apply, please submit an application form to MembersBusinessSupport@senedd.wales
Closing date: 5pm, 07 December 2021
Interview date: To be confirmed