Office Manager for John Griffiths MS
Salary range: £26,650- £37,612 (Band 1) pro-rata
(Please note that recruitment will normally be at the minimum of the range)
Working hours: 37 hours per week
Location: Mainly based in the Constituency office
Purpose of Job
To manage and co-ordinate all support services, including research, administration and casework for the Member of the Senedd. Key tasks will include leading and motivating the staff team and managing budgets and office systems.
- Manage other team members reporting to the Member of the Senedd, including the recruitment and supervision of staff, performance management and other personnel related issues as required.
- Manage office systems, oversee office activities, organisation of workload, working closely with other staff members to provide a cohesive team approach
- Provide a comprehensive secretarial, casework, research and administrative support service, as required.
- Assist in the preparation of speeches and propose oral and/or written questions to Ministers and other senior politicians, if required.
Essential Knowledge and Experience
- Experience of working effectively within an office environment, including resolving complex issues with tact and diplomacy, ideally in a political environment.
- Knowledge and understanding of issues relevant to the local area
- Degree level or equivalent in a relevant subject or;
- NVQ Qualification level 3 or 4 or equivalent in Office Administration, Customer Service or a relevant subject
Essential Skills and Behaviours
- Evidence of leading and motivating a team of staff to ensure that policies, programmes and strategies are implemented
- Ability to investigate, analyse and recommend solutions to complex problems and issues
You are advised to read the full Job and Person Specification before applying for this post
For more information and to apply, please submit an application form (CV’s optional) to Deborah.Davies@senedd.wales
Closing date: 17:00, 17 September 2021
Interview date: 24 September 2021