PA/Office Manager for Altaf Hussain MS
Salary Range £26,650 - £37,612
All new staff are expected to enter on the scale minimum of the appropriate pay band. Individual staff will, subject to satisfactory performance, move up the incremental scale one point at a time on the anniversary of their commencement of employment until they reach the scale maximum for their band.
Working Hours: 37
Location: Tŷ Hywel, Cardiff Bay/Regional Office
Job Reference: MBS-057-21
To manage and co-ordinate all support services, including research, administration and casework for the Member of the Senedd. Key tasks will include leading and motivating the staff team and managing budgets and office systems
To provide the Member with administrative support, including management of the Member’s diary and that all correspondence and enquires are handled in an efficient and professional manner.
1. Manage other team members reporting to the Member of the Senedd, including the recruitment and supervision of staff, performance management and other personnel related issues as required.
2. Manage office systems, oversee office activities, organisation of workload, working closely with other staff members to provide a cohesive team approach
3. Provide a comprehensive secretarial, casework, research and administrative support service, as required.
4. Assist in the preparation of speeches and propose oral and/or written questions to Ministers and other senior politicians.
5. Co-ordinate office activities to ensure that telephone and electronic enquiries and visitors are dealt with appropriately and professionally.
Essential Knowledge and Experience:
• Experience of working effectively within an office environment, including resolving complex issues with tact and diplomacy, ideally in a political environment.
• Experience of a comparable role dealing with complex correspondence, diaries and events and running a busy office
• Knowledge and understanding of issues relevant to the local area
• Understanding of, and commitment to, combating discrimination and promoting the equality of opportunities and the Nolan Principles of Public Life
• Degree level or equivalent in a relevant subject or;
• NVQ Qualification level 3 or 4 or equivalent in Office Administration, Customer Service or a relevant subject
You are advised to read the full Job and Person Specification before applying for this post
For details about the post and to apply, please contact Altaf.Hussain@senedd.wales
Closing date: 21 September 2021
Interview date: tbc