Parliamentary and Communications Assistant for Gareth Davies MS
Salary range: £24,143 - £35,388 pro-rata
All new staff are expected to enter on the scale minimum of the appropriate pay band. Individual staff will, subject to satisfactory performance, move up the incremental scale one point at a time on the anniversary of their commencement of employment until they reach the scale maximum for their band.
Working hours: 37
Location: Ty Hywel, Cardiff
Purpose of Job:
To manage campaigns, communications, research and parliamentary support as required for the Member.
- To prepare and provide timely high quality research outputs and advice, reports, analysis and briefing on a range of policy matters and legislation as required.
- To plan, develop and deliver the strategy, management of campaigns in the community, all media and the Senedd.
- Establish and develop robust relations within the press, broadcast and online media in order to promote the work of Member including preparation of press statements, videos and other media tools to all media outlets.
- To identify appropriate constituency-based events activities and parliamentary opportunities to pursue key campaign, policy and casework objectives as required and to develop appropriate and suitable interventions to maximise impact and outputs.
Essential Knowledge and Experience:
- Substantial experience of working effectively within the written press, broadcast or online industry, or public relations sector ideally within a political or similar environment;
- Experience of developing and implementing communications strategy and organising media campaigns
- Knowledge and understanding of media handling techniques including formulating press releases
- Degree or equivalent in a relevant subject or;
- Formal Qualification eg NVQ level 4 or equivalent in media or communication
You are advised to read the full Job and Person Specification before applying for this post
For more information and to apply, please submit an application form to GarethL.Davies@Senedd.Wales
- Application form
- Job and Person Specification
- Benefits of working for a Member
- Important information