Parliamentary Assistant for Natasha Asghar MS
MBS Reference: MBS-021-23
Salary range: £21,862 - £29,483 pro-rata
All new staff are expected to enter on the scale minimum of the appropriate pay band. Individual staff will, subject to satisfactory performance, move up the incremental scale one point at a time on the anniversary of their commencement of employment until they reach the scale maximum for their band.
Working hours: 37
Location: Newport office
Appointment Type: Permanent
Purpose of Job
To provide the Member of the Senedd with administrative, constituency and publicity support ensuring that standards of confidentiality are maintained.
- Respond to enquiries from constituents. Deal with casework and regional matters for which the Member is responsible for.
- Ensure all cases are logged; monitor progress and ensure all identified actions are taken
- Ensure records are kept and information managed confidentially in line with the Data Protection Act
- Answer telephone, take messages and deal with enquiries and requests as appropriate. Assist with handling the members diary and travel arrangements and constituency related tasks.
Essential Knowledge and Experience
- Some experience of administrative work and knowledge of office systems
- Knowledge and understanding of issues relevant to the local area
- Some experience of using IT packages eg Microsoft packages such as Word, Outlook and Excel.
- NVQ Qualification level 3 or 4 or equivalent in a relevant subject or;
- Demonstrable numeracy and literacy skills e.g. English and Maths GCSE (or equivalent) at Grade C or above
You are advised to read the full Job and Person Specification before applying for this post
For more information and to apply, please submit an application form to Sam.Hall@senedd.wales
- Job and Person Specification
- Application form
- Benefits of working for a Member
- Important information
Closing date: 12:00, 30 May 2023
Interview date: to be confirmed