Parliamentary Officer for Natasha Asghar MS
Salary Range: £23,440 - £34,357 (pro rata)
All new staff are expected to enter on the scale minimum of the appropriate pay band. Individual staff will, subject to satisfactory performance, move up the incremental scale one point at a time on the anniversary of their commencement of employment until they reach the scale maximum for their band.
Working hours: 1 x 37 hours (full time) OR 2 x 18.5 hours (part time) posts available
Location: Regional office, Newport on occasion will be required in the Senedd.
Appointment Type: Permanent
Purpose of Job:
To manage and co-ordinate all support services, including research, administration and casework for the Member of the Senedd for South East Wales. The successful candidate(s) will be the first point of contact in the regional Office. Key tasks will include working alongside the team to deliver the Member’s key objectives and managing the Office and office systems.
1) Manage office systems, oversee office activities, organisation of workload, working closely with other staff members to provide a cohesive team approach.
2) Provide comprehensive secretarial services, casework, research and administrative support service as required to constituents and case queries.
3) Draft letters on behalf of the Member of the Senedd on a range of issues.
4) Respond to emails, letters and similar enquiries in a professional, customer focused manner.
Essential Knowledge and Experience
• Experience of working effectively within an office environment, including resolving complex issues with tact and diplomacy, ideally in a political environment.
• Experience of a comparable role dealing with complex correspondence, diaries and events and running a busy office
• Knowledge and understanding of issues relevant to South East Wales.
• Understanding of, and commitment to, combating discrimination and promoting the equality of opportunities and the Nolan Principles of Public Life
• Degree level or equivalent in a relevant subject or;
• NVQ Qualification level 3 or 4 or equivalent in Office Administration, Customer Service or a relevant subject
You are advised to read the full Job and Person Specification before applying for this post.
Please indicate whether you are applying for this role on part-time or full-time basis in your application.
For more information and to apply, please submit an application form to Natasha.Asghar@senedd.wales
- Application form
- Job and person specification
- Benefits of working for a Member
- Important information
Closing date: 17:00 , 17 February 2023
Interview date: TBC