Policy and Research Advisor for Rhun ap Iorwerth MS, Plaid Cymru Senedd Group Leader
Salary range: £28,274 - £39,902 pro-rata
All new staff are expected to enter on the scale minimum of the appropriate pay band. Individual staff will, subject to satisfactory performance, move up the incremental scale one point at a time on the anniversary of their commencement of employment until they reach the scale maximum for their band.
Working hours: 14.8
Location: Senedd, Cardiff Bay
Appointment type: Permanent
Purpose of Job
The main aim of the post is to advise the Group Leader and Group Members on policy issues and take a leading role in implementing the policy development and research work stream of the Group.
- To advise the Leader, Senedd Group and staff on internal and external policy development issues.
- To write speeches as required by the Leader.
- To assess relevant opportunities for the use of external engagement and consultation to gauge the views of external persons in relation to policy proposals and suggest any changes to policy based on such work.
- To contribute to the process of preparation of major policy announcements on behalf of the Leader and the Group and to ensure the effective researching of such announcements
Essential Knowledge and Experience
- Substantial experience of delivering research or briefing in a parliamentary or similar environment
- Experience of planning, executing and evaluating keynote addresses and external engagement activities
- Experience of working effectively within policy and research development at a strategic level
- Degree or equivalent in a relevant subject
You are advised to read the full Job and Person Specification before applying for this post
For more information and to apply, please submit an application form to Carmen.Smith@senedd.wales
Closing date: 16:00, 23 August 2023
Interview date: To be confirmed