Research and Communications Officer for Samuel Kurtz MS
Salary range: £22,757 - £33,356 pro-rata
All new staff are expected to enter on the scale minimum of the appropriate pay band. Individual staff will, subject to satisfactory performance, move up the incremental scale one point at a time on the anniversary of their commencement of employment until they reach the scale maximum for their band.
Working hours: 37 hours per week (full time)
Location: Cardiff Bay
Appointment Type: Permanent
Purpose of Job:
To undertake research/press and media related work as required for the Member of the Senedd ensuring that standards of confidentiality are maintained.
- Take individual responsibility for providing timely, good quality research and information on a wide range of topics
- Provide briefings and information to assist the Member in dealing with constituency casework or helping to inform debates
- Provide high quality research in response to enquiries as directed by the Member of the Senedd
- Maintain the highest standards of accuracy and impartiality in your own work.
Essential Knowledge and Experience
- Relevant experience in a research or information environment
- Experience of working directly with influential, high profile people in a busy environment
- Experience of delivering research or briefing in a parliamentary or similar environment
- Understanding of, and commitment to, combating discrimination and promoting the equality of opportunities and the Nolan Principles of Public Life
- A degree or equivalent in a relevant subject
- NVQ Qualification level 3 or 4 or equivalent in a relevant subject
You are advised to read the full Job and Person Specification before applying for this post
For more information and to apply, please submit an application form to Samuel.Kurtz@Senedd.Wales.
- Job and Person Specification
- Application form
- Benefits of working for a Member
- Important information
Closing date: 26 November 2021
Interview date: To be confirmed