Senior Advisor for Samuel Kurtz MS
Salary range: £35,858 - £43,802 pro-rata
All new staff are expected to enter on the scale minimum of the appropriate pay band. Individual staff will, subject to satisfactory performance, move up the incremental scale one point at a time on the anniversary of their commencement of employment until they reach the scale maximum for their band.
Working hours: 37
Location: Ty Hywel and Home
Appointment type: Permanent
Purpose of Job
The core functions of the Senedd are to represent the interests of Wales and its people, to make laws for Wales, agree Welsh taxes and to hold the Welsh Government to account. It is largely through the formal business of the Senedd, in plenary and committees, that the Government is held to account, that policy ideas are debated and developed, and that proposals for legislation, policy and expenditure are improved by the scrutiny of the Senedd.
The role of the Senior Advisor is intended to add an extra dimension to the advice and assistance available to Members of the Senedd to undertake this work.
- Providing expert advice as a specialist in a particular field
- Advising on issues of policy, finance and legislation before the Senedd and any other aspect of Senedd Business
- Identifying local, national and international issues of relevance to Senedd business and briefing the Member accordingly
- Contributing to policy thinking and planning, including issues which emanate from the Member’s casework or other constituency/regional activity
Essential Knowledge and Experience
- Experience of working effectively within a political environment, including resolving complex issues with tact and diplomacy
- Management responsibility for a multi-disciplined team of staff with a proven track record of delivering results
- Specialist knowledge in a relevant field, and experience of developing policies and strategies within this field
- Understanding of, and commitment to, combating discrimination and promoting the equality of opportunities and the Nolan Principles of Public Life
- Degree or equivalent in a relevant subject
- NVQ Qualification level 4 or equivalent in a relevant subject
You are advised to read the full Job and Person Specification before applying for this post
For more information and to apply, please submit an application form to Samuel.Kurtz@Senedd.Wales.
- Job and Person Specification
- Application form
- Important information
- Benefits of working for a Member
Closing date: 26 November 2021
Interview date: To be confirmed