Senior Caseworker for Elin Jones MS
Salary range: £26,650 - £37,612 pro-rata
All new staff are expected to enter on the scale minimum of the appropriate pay band. Individual staff will, subject to satisfactory performance, move up the incremental scale one point at a time on the anniversary of their commencement of employment until they reach the scale maximum for their band.
Working hours: 37 (Full-time but part-time may be considered)
Location: 32 Heol y Wig, Aberystwyth, SY23 2LN (Constituency Office)
Appointment Type: Permanent
Purpose of Job:
To provide the Member of the Senedd with all support services, including administration, constituency, and be responsible for casework, ensuring that standards of confidentiality are maintained.
1. Respond to enquiries from constituents, other politicians, the media, lobbyists and pressure groups
2. Manage and maintain the casework system ensuring all cases are logged; monitor progress and ensure all identified actions are taken.
3. Draft letters, briefing notes and any other documents as required by the Member of the Senedd on a range of issues.
4. Manage the Member’s diary, arranging, cancelling appointments, meeting and greeting visitors as required, and ensure that all engagements are organised professionally.
5. Ensure records are kept and information managed confidentially in line with the Data Protection Act
Essential Knowledge and Experience:
- The ability to work in both Welsh and English
- Experience of administrative work and knowledge of office systems
- Experience of a comparable role dealing with complex correspondence, diaries and events and running a busy office
- Knowledge and understanding of issues relevant to the local area
- Understanding of, and commitment to, combating discrimination and promoting the equality of opportunities and the Nolan Principles of Public Life
- Degree or equivalent in a relevant subject or;
- NVQ Qualification level 3 or 4 or equivalent in a relevant subject or;
- Demonstrable numeracy and literacy skills e.g. English and Maths GCSE (or equivalent) at Grade C or above.
You are advised to read the full Job and Person Specification before applying for this post
For more information and to apply, please submit an application form to Branwen.Davies@senedd.wales
- Job and Person specification
- Application form
- Important information
- Benefits of working for a Member
Closing date: 13 December 2021
Interview date: 20 December 2021