Senior Communications Officer for Dr Altaf Hussain MS
Salary Range £26,650 - £37,612 pro-rata
All new staff are expected to enter on the scale minimum of the appropriate pay band. Individual staff will, subject to satisfactory performance, move up the incremental scale one point at a time on the anniversary of their commencement of employment until they reach the scale maximum for their band.
Working Hours: 11.1
Job Reference: MBS-076-21
To manage press and media related work as required for the Member of the Senedd ensuring that standards of confidentiality are maintained.
1. Establish and develop robust relations within the press, broadcast and online media in order to promote the work of Member of the Senedd
2. Manage press office systems and monitor media outlets effectively, covering print, broadcast and online in order to ensure the effective co-ordination within group.
3. Plan and develop strategy and organisation of media campaigns
4. Liaise with the Members of the Senedd / Office Managers and identify any aspects of their work which may be of interest to the media
5. Research, prepare and write press releases and statements to the media
Essential Knowledge and Experience:
• Substantial experience of working effectively within the written press, broadcast or online industry, or public relations sector ideally within a political or similar environment;
• Experience of developing and implementing communications strategy and organising media campaigns
• Knowledge and understanding of media handling techniques including formulating press releases;
• Experience or understanding of media law;
• Understanding of, and commitment to, combating discrimination and promoting the equality of opportunities and the Nolan Principles of Public Life
• Degree or equivalent in a relevant subject or;
• Formal Qualification eg NVQ level 4 or equivalent in media or communications
You are advised to read the full Job and Person Specification before applying for this post
For details about the post and to apply, please contact Sandra.Morgan@senedd.wales
Closing date: 20 October 2021
Interview date: tbc