Senior Communications officer for Mark Drakeford, Leader of the Senedd Labour Group
Salary range: £27,450 - £38,740 pro-rata
All new staff are expected to enter on the scale minimum of the appropriate pay band. Individual staff will, subject to satisfactory performance, move up the incremental scale one point at a time on the anniversary of their commencement of employment until they reach the scale maximum for their band.
Working hours: 37
Location: Ty Hywel, Cardiff Bay
Purpose of Job:
The purpose of the role is to promote the work of the Welsh Labour Group at the Senedd.
The Post Holder will:
• Lead in the development and delivery of the Group’s strategic and digital communications.
• Develop and maintain good working relationships with the media and social influencers on behalf of the Group.
• Provide advice and support to Group Members to maximise their ability to communicate their work.
• Upskill members and their staff in producing digital content and using a range of communications tools.
• Leading the design and implementation of the Group’s strategic communications work, in liaison with Members, their staff and Group officers.
• Developing engaging digital content to promote the work of Welsh Labour Members of the Senedd.
• Acting as the principal contact point within the office for all media enquiries, with responsibility for building and maintaining good relations with key contacts.
• Monitoring of all media channels and providing proactive and reactive advice to Members, their staff and Group Officers.
• The regular production of a full range of adaptable written and digital materials which promote the work of Welsh Labour’s Members of the Senedd to constituents, communities and the local and regional media.
Essential Knowledge and Experience:
• An excellent understanding of the role of the Senedd, current affairs, Welsh politics and the wider political environment.
• Experience of working with digital communications and media, as a press / communications officer or within the public relations sector.
• Good knowledge and understanding of media handling techniques as well as designing and implementing a communications plan.
• Proven experience of using design and editing software to create content for digital media channels and experience of dealing with social media.
• A good understanding of Welsh Labour’s policy agenda.
• Experience of working in a pressured environment.
• Experience of administrative work and a good knowledge of office systems.
• Understanding of and commitment to the Nolan Principles of Public Life.
• Degree, NVQ Qualification level 3/4 or relevant equivalent experience.
You are advised to read the full Job and Person Specification before applying for this post