Senior Communications Officer for Mick Antoniw MS
Salary range: £26,650 - £37,612 pro-rata (Band 1) (Please note that recruitment will normally be at the minimum of the range)
Working hours: 22.2 hours
Location: Constituency/Constituency office/Senedd.
Appointment Type: Permanent
Purpose of Job:
To manage social and other e-media, together with constituent and press communications on behalf of the Member of Senedd.
- Develop and manage social media and other e platforms, including the production of appropriate materials, to promote the work, achievements and policy views of the MoS.
- Respond to constituent comments and questions on social media, using the MoS’s tone of voice and resolving/escalating issues as they arise.
- Develop and manage a programme of regular constituent communications, including video and traditional materials.
- Establish and develop robust relations within the press, broadcast and online media in order to promote the work of MoS.
Essential Knowledge and Experience:
- Substantial experience of working effectively within a written press, broadcast or online role, or public relations role, ideally within a political or similar environment;
- Experience of developing and implementing communications strategy and organising media campaigns
- Degree or equivalent in a relevant subject or;
- Formal Qualification eg NVQ level 4 or equivalent in media or communications
Essential Skills and Behaviours:
- Effective interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships across professional boundaries with members of the press and media;
- Excellent communication skills – with the ability to write and speak clearly & concisely and produce briefings/press notices using a variety of IT packages including Adobe creative cloud.
You are advised to read the full Job and Person Specification before applying for this post
For more information and to apply, please submit an application form to Nick.Wall@senedd.wales
Closing date: 17:00, 21 September 2021
Interview date: To be confirmed