A new Code of Conduct on the Standards of Conduct of Members of the Senedd and associated guidance has taken effect for the beginning of the Sixth Senedd, which was agreed by the Senedd on 17 March 2021. Further information about the development of the new Code is set out in a news article, and a report published by the Standards of Conduct Committee.
The essential purpose of this Code of Conduct is to uphold the reputation of the Senedd and to provide the openness and accountability necessary to reinforce public confidence in the integrity of Members of the Senedd in the way in which they discharge their important public duties and responsibilities.
This Code applies to all Members of the Senedd. Members must comply with it. Should you have any concerns about a Member's conduct or wish to make a complaint, please contact the Standards Commissioner.
The Senedd is committed to dealing effectively with any concerns or complaints. Find out more about our complaints policy, procedure and how to make a complaint.
- Code of Conduct on the Standards of Conduct of Members of the Senedd
- Guidance on the Code of Conduct for Members of the Senedd
- Section 2.1 Guidance for Members of the Senedd on the registration, declaration and recording of financial and other interests
- Section 2.2 Guidance for Members of the Senedd on the recording of the employment of family members with the support of commission funds
- Section 2.3 Rules and Guidance on the Use of Senedd Resources
- Section 2.4 Rules for the operation of Cross-Party Groups
- Section 2.5 Guidance on lobbying and access to Members of the Senedd
- Section 2.6 Code on Different Roles and Responsibilities of Constituency Members and Regional Members
- Section 3.1 Procedure for dealing with complaints against Members of the Senedd
- Section 3.2 Protocol between Commissioner for Standards, the Senedd and Director of Public Prosecutions
- Section 4.1 Standing Orders relating to Standards of Conduct
- Section 4.2 Legislation
- Section 4.3 Other related codes and forms