Schools and colleges in Wales can claim a partial travel subsidy to cover educational visits to the Senedd, Cardiff Bay. Here's the details of how you can apply.
Terms and Conditions
- Schools and colleges in Wales outside a 10-mile radius (20 mile return journey) of the Senedd in Cardiff Bay will receive a subsidy for their educational visit to the Senedd’s Visitor and Education Centre.
- Schools and colleges within a 10-mile radius of Cardiff Bay will not be eligible to apply for a subsidy.
- Schools and colleges can claim one travel subsidy per academic year following a visit to the Senedd’s Visitor and Education Centre in Cardiff Bay.
- Schools and colleges cannot claim the travel subsidy if they do not receive a pre booked visit conducted by the Senedd’s Education Officers.
- Educational visits should be booked at least three weeks in advance via the Booking Line on 0300 200 6565. Schools are advised to book early to avoid disappointment as available sessions will be allocated on a first-come-first-served basis. You can also book online by selecting a time and date using this link:Ymweliadau addysg â’r Senedd/Education visits to the Senedd Tickets, Multiple Dates | Eventbrite
- Schools can claim mileage for the most direct return distance to the Senedd, calculated through the RAC route planner for one coach per academic year. Costs are calculated at £1 per mile for a hired vehicle.
- This subsidy does not apply during non term time i.e. school holidays and recess.
- The Senedd reserves the right to cancel any booking if an educational visit cannot be delivered for any reason. The Senedd will compensate schools if a confirmed booking is cancelled and costs have been incurred with the travel provider.
- Where more than one school is accommodated within one visit slot, only one subsidy will be paid if they travel on the same bus. Schools can only receive separate payments, on the same visit, if they travel on different buses.
- Visit organisers should ensure that the staff to student ratio of the visiting group complies with their Local Authority guidelines and the Senedd’s Health and Safety Risk Assessment. Teaching staff are responsible for the safety and good conduct of their pupils at all times.
- The Senedd is not responsible for the safety of the pupils during travel to and from the Senedd.