Communications and Policy Officer for Alun Davies MS
Salary range: £23,440 - £34,357 pro-rata
All new staff are expected to enter on the scale minimum of the appropriate pay band. Individual staff will, subject to satisfactory performance, move up the incremental scale one point at a time on the anniversary of their commencement of employment until they reach the scale maximum for their band.
Working hours: 37 hours per week
Location: Cardiff Bay and when required Blaenau Gwent
Appointment Type: Permanent
Purpose of Job:
To undertake communications, research and policy related work as required for the Member of the Senedd.
- To develop and deliver a communications plan for the Member of the Senedd.
- Research, prepare and write policy statements and documents as well as press releases and statements to the media.
- Maintain, manage and grow a social media presence for the Member of the Senedd including the production of online content such as graphics to help communicate with constituents and others.
- Liaise with the Member of the Senedd and the wider team to identify any aspects of their work which may be of interest to the media.
Essential Knowledge and Experience:
- Experience of working effectively within the written press, broadcast or online industry, or communications sector.
- The ability to write coherently and quickly and to deliver against short deadlines.
- An understanding of the economic and social issues facing Blaenau Gwent
- Degree or equivalent in a relevant subject or;
- Formal Qualification e.g. NVQ level 3 or 4 or equivalent in media or communications.
You are advised to read the full Job and Person Specification before applying for this post
For more information and to apply, please submit an application form to Alun.Davies@senedd.wales
- Job and Person Specification
- Application form
- Important information
- Benefits of working for a Member
Closing date: 12:00 (midday), 07 February 2023
Interview date: To be confirmed