This model publication scheme has been prepared and approved by the Information Commissioner. It may be adopted without modification by any public authority without further approval and will be valid until further notice.
This publication scheme commits the Welsh Parliament ("the Senedd") to make information available to the public as part of its normal business activities. The information covered is included in the classes of information mentioned below, where this information is held by the Senedd. Additional assistance is provided to the definition of these classes in the Welsh Parliament definition document issued by the Information Commissioner.
The scheme commits the Senedd:
- To proactively publish or otherwise make available as a matter of routine, information, including environmental information, which is held by the Senedd and falls within the classifications below.
- To specify the information which is held by the Senedd and falls within the classifications below.
- To proactively publish or otherwise make available as a matter of routine, information in line with the statements contained within this scheme.
- To produce and publish the methods by which the specific information is made routinely available so that it can be easily identified and accessed by members of the public.
- To review and update on a regular basis the information the Senedd makes available under this scheme.
- To produce a schedule of any fees charged for access to information which is made proactively available.
- To make this publication scheme available to the public.
Classes of information
Who we are and what we do.
Organisational information, structures, locations and contacts.
What we spend and how we spend it.
Financial information relating to projected and actual income and expenditure, procurement contracts and financial.
What our priorities are and how we are doing.
Plans, performance information, audits and reviews.
How we make decisions.
Decision making processes and records of decisions.
Our policies and procedures.
Current written protocols, policies and procedures for delivering our services and responsibilities.
Lists and registers.
Information contained only in currently maintained lists and registers.
The services we offer.
Information about the services the Senedd provides including leaflets, guidance and newsletters.
The classes of information will not generally include:
- Information the disclosure of which is prevented by law, or exempt under the Freedom of Information Act, or is otherwise properly considered to be protected from disclosure.
- Information in draft form.
- Information that is no longer readily available as it is contained in files that have been placed in archive storage, or is difficult to access for similar reasons.
The method by which information published under this scheme will be made available
The Senedd will indicate clearly to the public what information is covered by this scheme and how it can be obtained.
Where it is within the capability of the Senedd, information will be provided on a website. Where it is impractical to make information available on a website or when an individual does not wish to access the information by the website, the Senedd will indicate how information can be obtained by other means and provide it by those means.
In exceptional circumstances some information may be available only by viewing in person. Where this manner is specified, contact details will be provided. An appointment to view the information will be arranged within a reasonable timescale.
Information will be provided in the language in which it is held or in such other language that is legally required. Where the Senedd is legally required to translate any information, it will do so.
Obligations under equality legislation and any other legislation to provide information in other forms and formats will be adhered to when providing information in accordance with this scheme.
Charges which may be made for information published under this scheme
The purpose of this scheme is to make the maximum amount of information readily available at minimum inconvenience and cost to the public. Charges made by the Senedd for routinely published material will be justified and transparent and kept to a minimum.
Material which is published and accessed on a website will be provided free of charge.
Charges may be made for information subject to any restrictions set out in legislation.
Charges may be made for actual disbursements incurred such as:
- postage and packaging
- the costs directly incurred as a result of viewing information
Charges may also be made for information provided under this scheme where (i) they are legally authorised and (ii) are, in all the circumstances, including the general principles of the right of access to information held by public authorities, justified and in accordance with a published schedule or schedules of fees which is readily available to the public.
If a charge is to be made, confirmation of the payment due will be given before the information is provided. Payment may be requested prior to provision of the information.
Information held by the Senedd that is not published under this scheme can be requested in writing, when its provision will be considered in accordance with the provisions of the Freedom of Information Act.