A petition to improve services for metastatic breast cancer patients.
“People living with metastatic breast cancer in Wales are being badly let down by the system. Currently, Wales has just one dedicated secondary breast cancer clinical nurse specialist, a situation that leaves potentially hundreds of people without adequate support.” – Tassia Haines, Petitioner.
The petition raised awareness of:
- Lack of specialist nurses for those with metastatic breast cancer, leaving patients without enough support.
- Lack of data on those living and being treated for metastatic breast cancer.
- A passionate and heartfelt debate in the Senedd.
- A commitment from Welsh Government to audit primary and secondary breast cancer care.
- Introduction of a new cancer information system to allow better routine use of data relating to metastatic cancer.
- Wales Cancer Network will be starting work on a set of nationally agreed metastatic cancer pathways, starting with metastatic breast cancer.
- The petitioner, Tassia Haines, continues to campaign for specialist nurse and improved quality of care.
See all the Nominations for Petition of the Year 2023