Members of the Senedd have approved the names and remits of the Committees for the sixth Senedd.
The Committees carry out many functions, including scrutinising the expenditure and policies of the Welsh Government, holding Ministers to account, and examining proposed legislation.
The new Committees are:
- Children, Young People and Education Committee
- Health and Social Care Committee
- Economy, Trade and Rural Affairs
- Climate Change, Environment and Infrastructure Committee
- Equality and Social Justice
- Culture, Communications, Welsh Language, Sport, and International Relations
- Local Government and Housing
- Finance Committee
- Public Accounts and Public Administration Committee
- Legislation, Justice and Constitution Committee
- Standards of Conduct Committee
- Petitions Committee
Policy and legislation committee should have six Members, and specialist committees will have four, aside from the Public Accounts and Public Administration Committee which will have five.
Nominations and elections for Chairs will take place on Tuesday 29 June.
The Senedd is required by law to appoint Commissioners who are responsible for providing the Senedd with the staff and resources they need to carry out their roles effectively for the people of Wales.
The Commission is chaired by the Llywydd, and is made up of four Members who have been elected by the Senedd.
The newly elected Members are Ken Skates (Welsh Labour), Janet Finch-Saunders (Welsh Conservatives), Rhun ap Iorwerth (Plaid Cymru) and Joyce Watson (Welsh Labour).