In line with recent changes to the Welsh Government’s Covid-19 Alert Levels, the Senedd building has been opening in phases.
Currently, the Senedd building is open between Monday – Thursday, 09.00 – 17.00 or until the end of Senedd business, and you will need to book a free ticket to visit.
We’ll share our plans of opening the buildings on our social media and website, so remember to follow us there if you don’t already.
You are welcome to attend the Senedd building to observe Plenary in the Siambr, which is the Senedd's debating chamber. The Public Gallery is fully accessible: including a space for wheelchairs, and the live broadcast of the session is viewable on a screen immediately in front of you, and an audio feed is available with headsets provided.
Plenary is the full meeting of all 60 Members of the Senedd, which takes place in the Siambr and online on Tuesday and Wednesday afternoons. Plenary begins at 13.30 and finishes at 17.00 although this can sometimes vary.
You can find out what will be discussed in Plenary by viewing the Plenary agenda for that meeting. Copies will be available at the information desk. For further information and enquiries please contact us.
You will need to book your seat before attending the Senedd building. You can book up to one week in advance.
To book a ticket:
If you’re no longer able to make it on the day, please let us know and we can reallocate your seat/s. You can also view live Plenary or an archive of the meetings on Senedd.tv.
During your visit:
We have a range of measures in place to keep our visitors, staff and Members safe:
- seats are allocated with distancing between groups;
- please ensure you maintain a 2 meter distance at all times from anyone who is not within your household;
- your seating area will be cleaned before you arrive and again when you leave;
- there is a one way system around the building;
- face covering will need to be worn by all over the age of 11 for the duration of your visit, unless you are exempt;
- you won’t be permitted to re-enter the building once you have left. Please be mindful of this when planning your visit;
- we may share your information with track and trace.
Considerations before visiting
- please do not attend if experiencing any symptoms of covid, or if told to isolate, or if anyone in the household is experiencing covid symptoms;
- QR codes for the NHS Covid notification app will be displayed on your arrival. If you haven’t already downloaded the app, we would encourage you to do so;
- please allow approximately 15 minutes to go through security;
- there may be a short queue outside the building prior to entering;
- please minimise the amount of belongings you bring with you, as we have airport-style security and all visitors and belongings are scanned;
- please note that our toilets and Changes Places facility are open, but the cloakroom, café and general access around the building will be closed;
- once through security, you will be welcomed by a member of our reception team who will provide a brief overview of what to expect in the building.
Your conduct when attending Plenary
All electronic devices such as mobile phones and laptops must be switched to silent.
You may be excluded from the Public Gallery if you act in a disorderly or disruptive manner, or if you interfere with the Senedd’s proper conduct of its business.
When attending Plenary, you must not:
- be under the influence of alcohol or drugs;
- cause offence to other visitors;
- speak loudly or otherwise disrupt the meeting;
- bring food or drink into the meeting;
- use e-cigarettes during the meeting;
- take photographs during the meeting.