Constituency Officer for Elin Jones MS
Salary range: £27,450 - £38,740 pro-rata
All new staff are expected to enter on the scale minimum of the appropriate pay band. Individual staff will, subject to satisfactory performance, move up the incremental scale one point at a time on the anniversary of their commencement of employment until they reach the scale maximum for their band.
Working hours: 37 hours (full-time), applications for part-time hours would be considered
Location: 32 Heol y Wig, Aberystwyth, SY23 2LN. Flexible working and working from home possible.
Fixed-term for 1 year
Purpose of Job
The Constituency Officer’s main role will be working closely with Ceredigion constituents to support them with a range of problems and projects. Communicating with the people of Ceredigion on email and phone will be a key part of this job, working with Elin and the team to find solutions and opportunities.
As well as supporting Elin in her role, the Officer will also attend meetings, research and respond to enquiries, working as a key part of the team.
1. Respond to enquiries from constituents
2. Manage and maintain the casework system ensuring all cases are logged; monitor progress and ensure all identified actions are taken.
3. Draft letters, briefing notes and any other documents on a range of issues as required by the Member of the Senedd.
4. Ensure records are kept and information managed confidentially in line with the Data Protection Act.
Essential Knowledge and Experience
• The ability to work and write to a high standard in both Welsh and English
• The ability to undertake administrative work
• Knowledge and understanding of issues relevant to the local area
• Understanding of, and commitment to, combating discrimination and promoting the equality of opportunities and the Nolan Principles of Public Life
• Degree or equivalent in a relevant subject or;
NVQ Qualification level 3 or 4 or equivalent in a relevant subject or;
• Demonstrable numeracy and literacy skills e.g. English and Maths GCSE (or equivalent).
You are advised to read the full Job and Person Specification before applying for this post
For enquiries, and to apply, please submit an application form (CV’s optional) to Branwen.Davies@senedd.wales
- Application form
- Job and person specification
- Important information
- Benefits of working for a Member
Closing date: 17:00, 27 March 2023
Interview date: 03 April 2023